WAPSA Accredited Mentor Coaches:
– Jane REYNOLDS (ASC Course confirmation pending)
– David REYNOLDS (ASC Course confirmation pending)
– Edwina HEWISON (ASC Course confirmation pending)
– William HEWISON (ASC Course confirmation pending)
– Shorna HEWISON (ASC Course confirmation pending)
– Kirsten MATHER (ASC Course confirmation pending)
Every Mentor Coach needs to have a passion for developing figure skating coaches & a willingness to share their knowledge & experience.
Mentoring involves the Mentor coach helping the Mentee to settle into private lesson coaching and their new business, once they have attained their Level 1 accreditation.
It can take place in a number of different formats such as face-to-face, phone, email, Skype, etc. Mentoring Topics could include discussion of technique, rules, competition and /or test requirements, class structure, running of your own business and lesson review (observation & discussion).
Mentees may be assigned to a Mentor Coach by the State PSA upon attainment of Level 1 Accreditation or a Mentee may approach any current Mentor Coach as listed on the APSA website.
A Mentor Coach may decline to take on a new Mentee if unavailable at the time. Mentor Coaches should advise APSA of any changes in availability.
Requirements to be a Mentor Coach:
– MUST be available for a minimum of 12 months period for at least 1 hour of Mentoring per month.
– MUST have completed the ASC Mentor Coaching Course available through Australian Sports Commission.
– MUST be a Level 2 Accredited coach.